Monday 3 October 2011

Alias Grace ~ Reasons for the Choice

Author: Margaret Atwood
Book Title: Alias Grace

What made me interested in the author?
Growing up, hearing the name Margaret Atwood was a rather common occurence. I would often hear people speak of her novels and how well-written they were. One book of hers that I have often heard of that was one of her best and her first would be The Handmaiden's Tale. I guess you could say that since then, (and being an avid reader myself) I always wanted to read something of hers. It sure helped with all the praise I heard about her books, since I am often quite picky about what I read. When I heard she also wrote a non-fiction mystery book on one of the most famous murders in the Richmond area, I knew that I had to do this project on her and Alias Grace.

                                           A younger Margaret Atwood
                                One of the first novels she wrote, it's one of them that got me into her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment